Taken at the 2001 NFL Skills Competition prior to the Super Bowl, this is one of the better “where are they now?” pictures you’re going to see for quite sometime.
– Quincy Carter was drafted by my Dallas Cowboys at quarterback during the incredibly dark, Dave Campo, 5-11 days of the franchise.
– Reggie Wayne is catching passes from Peyton Manning (possibly Kerry Collins). Meanwhile, his teammate, Santana Moss, has had a good career being consistent as the Redskins best receiver during his tenure in Washington.
– Drew Brees actually has a Super Bowl ring and is one of the better players in the league. Former Saint, Deuce McCallister, had a good career until injuries caught up with him.
– David Terrell was one of those wideouts I thought would put in work in the NFL, but turned out to be Peter Warrick 2.0. His teammate, Anthony Thomas, was a beast at Michigan a decade ago and I bet you don’t even remember he won Rookie of the Year in 2001. Now, he’s a stay-at-home dad; a role he’s perfectly content with.
– Freddie Mitchell had one play worth mentioning in his entire NFL career and made his 15 minutes of fame last for 22.
– And last but not least, Jonathan Beasley looks like the first coming of Drake.