“Hey Mike… How my bracket look?”
Hopefully yesterday was favorable towards you & your bracket. But if your like most people (99.7% of the world) & had Georgetown advancing far in the tournament, just take solace that everyone is still on equal footing. But if you were one of those starry-eyed dreamers who had Richmond going far, just go sit in the corner. Congratulations are in order for Murray State & Ohio as well, for pulling off the upsets no one saw coming except for their student bodies.
Murray State FTW!
We’re here to do it again, licking our wounds from yesterday & throwing our two cents in the ring. Take a look at how we see the day unfolding and prepare for tip-off.
(5) Temple Vs. (12) Cornell
Seriously, who knew Temple was good? We hear more about Cornell thanks to The Office than ESPN. However, Cornell lost by five to Kansas back in January, so they can play. Temple beat Richmond (another potential bracket buster) in the A-10 Tournament & are entering the tournament playing well. This is one of those risk/reward upset picks, because both teams can win & either one could potentially make it to the Sweet 16.
(5) Michigan State Vs. (12) New Mexico State
J. Tinsley — New Mexico State
(4) Maryland Vs. (13) Houston
(7) Oklahoma State Vs. (10) Georgia Tech
J. Tinsley — Oklahoma State
(2) Ohio State Vs. (15) UC Santa Barbara
(1) Syracuse Vs. (16) Vermont
(8) Gonzaga Vs. (9) Florida State
(6) Xavier Vs. (11) Minnesota
Pat M. — Minnesota
(4) Purdue Vs. (13) Siena
Purdue is a team falling apart at the wrong time of the season. After being in the discussion for a possible number one or two seed due to a Big Ten regular season co-championship before losing Robbie Hummel. His unfortunate injury means that E’Twaun Moore & JaJuan Johnson must pick up the slack. Can they do it? Based on how they played in the Big Ten Tournament, the answer appears to be no. Which puts Siena in prime position to advance.
(3) Pittsburgh Vs. (14) Oakland
(4) Wisconsin Vs. (13) Wofford
(7) Clemson Vs. (10) Missouri
(2) West Virginia Vs. (15) Morgan State
(1) Duke Vs. (16) Arkansas Pine Bluff
(8) California Vs. (9) Louisville
Pat M. — California
(5) Texas A&M Vs. (12) Utah State
Pat M. — Utah State
Agree? Disagree? Who You Got?